Thursday, December 10, 2009

Scraping, Filling, Painting

One of the bedrooms at my home is currently not in use. I took this opportunity to update the space. There was still the 70's look with the "cottage cheese" textured ceiling which I had to remove, apply a very light texture, prime and paint. The ceiling looks higher now. Walls also needed primer and paint after I'd filled in even the smallest holes and nicks. In itself it's not such a huge job, but it involved a fair amount of time consuming attention to detail. The electrician had to rewire the ceiling fan/light. I took out the extension phone wire as phone extensions now only need power to work, which gave me more holes to fill. I didn't want to overpower the air with paint fumes on any given day. All that's left to do now is to finish the trim painting around the door and the door itself. I already bought a new lock set, mind you, the old one was a bear to get off. Next month I'll decide on new floor covering.
So, that's what I've been doing.

No comments: