Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ick - Tick

On Sunday my partner and I were scouting his large property in the foothills for a location to build a tree house. We were looking to find a clump of pines growing close enough to build the platform, their location a bit to the side of main traffic paths. We had to get into the brush and we found a great spot. More about that later though.
Returning to the house we checked the dogs for ticks, sprayed them to keep the ticks off.
When I got ready to shower a few hours later I noticed that a tick had landed on my chest, just inside the shirt's neckline. Ick, ick, gross. The insect was removed but left an area that was itchy and swollen. Gradually, two days later, the skin in returning to normal.
The whole idea that some creature is biting into me and eating my blood is just grossing me out. Ick to the multiple!

No comments: