Friday, September 19, 2008

Not Ready

Michelle and I went out to lunch on Wednesday. It was her treat so she was in charge of the activities.
She said I needed to begin the search for a new dog. We stopped at the local animal shelter to check out the dogs. Not surprisingly there is a large offering of pit bulls, and a number of other larger dogs. Some of those dogs are downright scary. They had a few pups, none really looked to be a good fit for me. There were some golden retrievers, but they really are a larger dog than I want in the house, although I like their personality.
The nice thing about a little dog is that I can carry his monthly food bag in one hand. The output is not a chore to pick up, and he can be bathed in a basin. Also important is that their bark is just as loud.
I'm glad we went, but I'm just not ready for a new dog.

No comments: