Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Butcher, The Baker, The Candlestick Maker

I don't eat meat very often. I bake my own bread. With the advent of electricity I don't have much need for candles, or candle sticks, for that matter.
That being said, in the last seven months I have needed a handy friend, a handyman, an electrician, no, two. The bug guy shows up every couple of months. I've hired a contractor, had the heating/cooling system serviced. The plumber came to snake out the sewer line. Again I'm waiting for a plumber to fix the leak that has developed on top of the water heater. The hourly rate for a Saturday job is $125. It has not flooded the garage, yet. So far only the rug in front of it is being soaked. Shel placed a basin under the leak that we empty periodically. Good thing it hasn't dripped over night, not everything in the garage is waterproof.
This will make the ninth service guy here in a short time.
I'm doing my part to keep things rolling economically.

No comments: