Friday, August 14, 2009

Cheese

I am hooked on cheese!
I really enjoy eating fine cheese. I'm not speaking of Kraft slices for toasted sandwiches, but rather the specialty cheese that are such fun to find.
This is Friday evening, I'm going to Marysville to visit the Farmers Market. There is local produce and fruit, flowers, honey.
Tucked among them with a little table and a large cooler is the cheese lady. Usually she features three or four different cheeses and has samples to taste. Generally she has hardened (aged) cheeses as well as new. I have become very fond of the goat cheeses.
We had some on hand this week for the big adoption party along with the standards. Mosker took half of what was left with her. (I was not thinking clearly, she should have taken it all.)
The market will end next month and I will need to find out where I can get her product after that time. When Ray comes to visit he'll want some also.
Meanwhile let me get a load of money out and head to town. This stuff is not cheap.

No comments: