Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, Monday

I grew up where it's cold in the winter and not all that hot in the summer. Higher humidity than here though. I was not well outfitted to handle the cold then and I therefore am not, repeat not, comfortable in the cold weather now. I don't travel into the Sierra Mountains during the winter at all. The snow bunnies can have them.
So when I say it's cold here, I mean it's cold for us. We did have frost on the cars windows until about nine this morning.
No ice storms here, thank goodness. I feel so bad for the folks in the mid west.

We still have hummingbirds in the yard and blossoms to feed them. I went across the street and picked a bucket of lemon, grapefruit and oranges from my neighbors trees. I'm candying some rind. Just sugared, no chocolate coating this time.

This morning Azi had a visit with the vet which I timed with Suzanne's
dogs appointment so that my dog could meet her dogs. She'd said that her dogs would eat my dog. Yeah, right! Azi saw Suzanne and wagged his tail in greeting and (Bam-) Bena did too. Suzanne was right though, Bella charged at Azi. He was not traumatized. "Whatever!" is his attitude. By the time we walked around a neighborhood park all was forgotten, he lives "in the moment" after all.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully the weather wasn't that bad here today. The Dancing Tarts had our holiday luncheon. Thank you so much for the gifts! It was so great that you personalized the aprons, and I can't wait to try my new kitchen gadget.

Mary

Heide said...

I enjoyed making them for you.