Saturday, March 29, 2008

Groceries

I need to go grocery shopping.
We've been so focused on the house, and the cleaning up after the work was done, that I've eaten all my fresh vegetables without restocking the cooler. Three potatoes, some lettuce, strawberries. That's it.
We have one grocery store that's like an indoor market, loaded with fresh, good
produce. They offer unusual items also, mostly known in Central America. I try to pick out something unknown to me. Sometimes it's hard to figure out how to prepare an item. Sometimes I get lucky, if another shopper is willing to share their know-how.
Many items are offered to the Asian population. There are several Hmong workers at the store, who are willing educate me.
As the population's palate has become more sophisticated, so has the store's selection of cheeses, breads (I usually make my own, though) and good quality wine, at reasonable cost.
Before I get too hungry I will make my way to that store.

No comments: