Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lies and Owww

Previously I'd written that I would not get involved in any large, or costly, projects this year. That was a lie. I'm sorry about that.

I've been sleeping in the spare bedroom for a week, so we all have access to the second bathroom, any time. I thought perhaps I'd be there less than one week. I see another week there. I don't mind, but I miss listening to the radio if I awake during the night. I also miss looking out the French doors to the patio and watch the birds in the early morning. Just a minor inconvenience, though.

Then there are the seemingly unending trips to the Home Depot. Not only is it quite a distance away, but seems to come with $100 bills to pay every time. That hurts. A lot. I do think we are coming to the end of the supply gathering phase.
Shel's dad came and moved the light outlet today. Which meant another hole for me to patch, prime etc. etc.

My hands are hurting from holding the paintbrush. Hopefully I'll be recovered by morning so I can paint again. Ouch!
For sure, tomorrow we will begin to lay the tile.

For sure, tomorrow we will empty the lower kitchen cabinets, because the countertops will be replaced on Monday. "Happyness is having a small kitchen"! (and a pantry.)

An aside here: the company that gave me the first estimate of $4100 called back. Seems they read the wrong numbers to me. The correct estimate is $3000. I believe that, not! But it's interesting to note how things are done sometimes.
We've got "Slim" to do our work for us. We get a kick out of his originality. I also think he is a generous person.

No comments: