Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tomatoes and Dogs, and Everything

Everyone remembers my frustration the last couple of years when growing tomatoes had become a real challenge. In itself growing tomatoes it fairly easy: Soil, water, some fertilizer. Add the dogs to the mix and it becomes a huge challenge.
They won, and I'll be growing the tomatoes by the side of the driveway, outside of the property fence. The plants will be hidden from the street by the four toters and a four foot wooden fence. Far enough from the car's exhausts and watered by the automatic system. We planted four plants today, and I might add yellow tomatoes later. I had to cut back the Rosemary bush for the water to reach.
Not only is it nice to step out and get some fresh vegetable, but not to having to drive to the store for it is even better. Thinking further, how much energy did it take for that food to get to the store? Therefore growing a bit of produce seems only reasonable and I hope to be a contributor to our environmental (-mental) health.
Some other time I will expound on the virtue of recycling.
Plant your tomatoes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.