Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Near the End




It's all about the dogs!
Or is it?
All these years we shut the door and didn't give much thought to what the dogs might miss until Alani came along, grew tall, and stood up to look into the kitchen. She wants to know what her human pack is doing. (She has these long nail and pretty much wore away several coats of paint)
So this new door is steel coated, double pained glass glass lets in twice as much light and is so much more energy efficient.
Before, Sholeh didn't have a clue what we were doing inside since she's too short to peek in.
This door is great! The girls can hang out, see in, and they love it. No more standing up against the door and ruining it.
I reversed the hinge, so no more licking of the dishes when the washer is being loaded either.
I am looking forward to a winter in a kitchen that's not drafty anymore with lots of light coming in.
I am nearing the end of my current list of home projects.

1 comment:

Ray said...

The door looks great, Mom. Congratulations. I know it's been a long time coming. I'm glad that you're pleased with how it turned out.