Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back to Normal



Oh, what fun it is to be back home pursuing routine activities.
Oh, what fun it is to be part of a family celebration.
My cousins daughter was married to a very special man this weekend. She is a wonderful woman in her own right. I am glad I was part of it. With a front row seat, no less. The bride's uncle came from Germany, to represent the German "Clan". Her father's clan was in full attendance. I think the gathering continued to Sunday. I took the Uncle, my cousin, home with me for a few days. We walked from the estate's pool house (oh yeah, some pool house, pictured above) to the car for some minutes on an unlighted road, no moon, by the light of the cell phone. Down hill. (Yes, I took off my high heeled shoes.) By midnight we were home from the wine country.
I had planned to show him some things in Sacramento, but he wasn't feeling well and we spend the time at Urgent Care. He was cheered when Dr. Mueller showed up and they chatted, in German, about a recent vacation in Normandy. Dr.Mueller's mother is French. Small world, after all.
I took my cousin to see my friend, (and travel companion to Germany,) in the foothills. She fixed yummy dinner, got reacquainted with him and showed her lovely property.
So now my gentle cousin's gone again, on the bus to San Francisco.
So, things are kind of back to normal, but I rather miss my cousin, after all. Everyone should have relatives like him.

No comments: