Friday, September 7, 2007

Project, Sort Of

There is a sign on my kitchen door that states: No more projects in '07.
I've not been happy with my desk set up. I want to dispense with the too small table that gets cluttered, looks messy, and leaves my printer on a box on the floor. Having mulled that over for a bit I remembered the really nice table top I have been storing for years.
So I checked the Minwax website for the pros and cons of the different furniture refinishing products. I stripped the top and just stained it. It looks great. Matches the furniture in the photo very well. (Although it's much blacker without a flash, in natural light). Then a couple or three layers of poly and I will be a happy girl. The legs will come from IKEA, I'm leaning toward the bent wood which I will spray black. I will build a small shelf/table on rollers to hold the tower and printer, and it will hold the gathered cords as well. Also black.


But first I'm off to Napa for a wedding, after which I might bring one of the guests home with me for a few days. I'd like to show him the State Capitol in Sacramento, it's quite a showplace.

No comments: