Sunday, October 21, 2007

Well, Dang it, Azi

As I wrote, I love the new desk, and so apparently does Azi.
It sits under the window, an ideal spot for outside watching. Not being shy and not lacking in courage, he took the path from the couch arm to the desk chair to the desk top. He marched along toward the window.
I didn't see him do it, but unfortunately there is clear evidence. He left scratches from his cement sharpened nails. And, yes, they were deep. I wasn't able to make them disappear totally, but did a pretty good repair job. Needless to say I would have to make sure the chair stays tucked in. That's not realistic.
Michelle reminded me that I have a very heavy piece of glass about the right size. We laid it across the top. Most of the wood is covered, all the important paths.
As an added bonus I stuck the coasters I collected on my recent trip, and had the proprietors sign, under the glass. Actually this will make it easier to set a glass or hot cup on the desk.
Yeah, a blessing in disguise. Thanks Beast!

No comments: