Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More on Brighton

The SPCA organization called Saturday morning stating that they had a cancellation and if I could have Brighton there in thirty minutes they would spay her then. Good thing I was street ready already as it took twenty minutes to gather the beasty and make the drive. There will never be any little Brightons now.
She was pretty loopy until Sunday afternoon when she was eating and drinking again as she should. By then she was licking her wound and I took her to PetCo to fit her with a collar.
She shouldn't romp with the big girls for two weeks, or even take long walks. In other words the street training has been delayed another two weeks. I'm so ready to take her to town to walk with her.
She is, however, learning the sit, stay, wait, commands. She also waits to get through the door until I invite her to. Mostly. In both directions. (Azi was like a bullet out the door, not a good thing for so many reasons!) The house training is going very well also, made more challenging by the fact that she not a whiner that sits by the door to be let out.

Meanwhile as I keep track of her in the front yard I've taken the opportunity to do some trimming and cleaning up of the planting beds. The spring bulbs have emerged. Some things
froze this winter and I need to replant.
Instead of flowering plants I'm planning to plant some peppers and Basil instead. Cucumbers would work well, as well as ornamental gourds.

We did have some rain, need lots more. Today we have sunshine and it feels much warmer than it is.

No comments: