Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Projects and Dog

Last year I promised myself to scale back from getting involved with Projects. Projects can spiral out of hand, become larger in scale, as well as in cost. I have been very good at choosing what to tackle.
The house next door to me has changed hands again after being empty for most of a year.
Bad news: It will be a rental house, once again.
Good news: The owner's dad is handling the details of repairs and control of tenants. ( The owner is away, working on his PH. D. in nuclear science.) My point is that they are no dummies.
The fence around the front is being fixed up with pickets and will look very inviting. Next to that is my sixteen foot section of old plank board fencing. Yuck. I collaborated with "dad" . We are continuing the pickets all the way to my driveway. It will add to the appeal of his house, and mine as well. Today I took out the old section, piled up the wood. Dad says he has a couple of "gorillas" (handymen) in the house that will load it up onto his trailer and haul it away. How nice is that?
"Dad" gave me a shopping list and for $100 and some elbow grease we will pretty up the front. Next week Michelle and I will be working on that. I am looking forward to some curb appeal. There is a reason why it's called "First Impression".

Brighton Report: She's suffering from Cabin Fever. I know she'd like to be out playing with the big girls. Wounds are healing well.

No comments: