Thursday, August 16, 2007

Elvis Lives...

...in my memory. Listening to the radio station of my choice this morning the D.J. mentioned that one of the listeners had an Elvis story (which I had told him many months ago at WalMart). He mentioned my name and here is the story:
When Heide was a little girl traveling on the Autobahn in Germany with her mom, the car (a 1939 DKW) had broken down. Along comes a big Army truck, a couple of men get out asking what our trouble was. The radiator had overheated and water was needed, which they did not have. So the four of us stood around discussing the options and shortly thereafter they left. I remember telling mom that that had been that singer guy, I recognized him
. Besides his name was on the uniform. As you might have noticed that nice D.J., John, shaved a few years of my age, I actually was a teen then and quite into the rock n' roll scene.
I fondly remember that little meeting
with Elvis Presley almost fifty years ago.

No comments: