Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Three Sleeves Sweater

Last year I began to knit a sweater but didn't have the patience to master the directions. I put it aside. Last month I picked it up again, and lo and behold, the instructions seemed so easy now. Front and back are complete, together at the neck and trimmed.
Now just the sleeves to finish. I made pretty quick work of #1. Then last evening, enjoying the last bit of daylight, I sat outside and worked on #2. Ray asked me to come and look at a clip on television. Putting my work into the little tub by the bench, I saw the short segment on the tube and returned back out.
Let me just say that I was not happy with the cutest dog on Earth just then. My second sleeve was wrapped around a tree. My wonderful 10 1/2 bamboo needle has chew marks in it. My completed sleeve was on the lawn and has threads pulled here and there, so I'll need to redo it. Never mind that it's soiled in spots. Ray walked around to retrieve the #5 needle, I couldn't find it. Thank goodness no bites to this. Surely my eyes were glazed over, and I must have been seeing red.
So that is why this sweater needs three sleeves.

No comments: