Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cold, Wet, Reading

January has long been my least favorite month of the year. Since I don't want to wish away my life and hurry along to spring, I do January things.
I try new recipes, some with marginal success, never to be repeated.
I jacked up my thumb this last year and in order for it to heal I wear a brace, and with knitting being discouraged, reading it is. I just devoured the group of books by Philipa Gregory of the Tudor court. One of those is being made into a soon to be released motion picture: The Other Boleyn Girl. I finally have those wives and the offspring straight.
I checked some of those books out at our library and found, amazingly, other works to read. Think of all the money I saved by not buying them.
So today it's baked vegetables and homemade Pumpernickel bread, and a book.

No comments: