Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Replacing the Trees



The front of our house faces south, so with a little bit of sunshine and warmth I can imagine early spring.
The tulips and daffodils are pushing through the soil. The grass is looking green, if not tall, and that's fine with me. By the middle of February our fruit trees will be in bloom.
Meanwhile I have to decide what tree to plant to replace the Sequoia we just lost. It provided summer shade and cooling for us in the afternoons. I want to stay with a tree that stays in the twenty-five foot range. I'm leaning toward an ornamental Pear.
Are there any other good suggestions out there for zone 9?
I'm yearning to take my morning coffee outside and plan my day while sitting under some tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your yard is large enough to accommodate a Chinese Pistache without any trouble. They're great trees and perfect for this zone. It's a good stable tree, not prone to breakage or disease. Magnificent fall color too.