Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fired

I quit a job once without notice, but I was never fired.
The end of the year brought a notice from my long time family doctor stating that I was fired as a patient. We Medicare patients are not bringing in the bucks.
I feel like a girl that's not wanted at a party.
So I'm on the search for a new provider. How does one pick? Stab at a name on a page with a pencil? Gender? Ethnic name? None of the doctors available are native speakers of English. I am a xenophile, but will we be able to communicate when I'm sick and can't think clearly? Will our philosophies be compatible? Ultimately all choices are mine when it come to treatment options. I like to be advised, given options, but not bullied.
So we shall meet next week, the new doctor and I, hopefully it can be a lasting relationship.

No comments: