Monday, June 25, 2007

Government Runs by a Different Clock

Wow, so, way back, in the olden days, I had lost a document and wrote to the INS for a replacement. That was in 1989. Yeah, 1989! So now I get a letter scheduling me for a hearing to have said document replaced. This is 2007. It took them eighteen years in Sacramento to get to my request.
That's a disgrace. No one should ever have to wait that long to get a replacement for anything from our government.
Without this form I could not get a passport to travel out of the country, and more important, back in.
As you know, I must have a passport since I just returned from Germany. As it turns out my husband had filed several documents away with the tax papers. And it wasn't until I shredded those tax papers, that I located my form. I was so angry with him, but at least I didn't have to wait eighteen years.

1 comment:

Ray said...

This still just amazes me to no end.