Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Retirement


I've been retired for two years, this week.
There was a time when I worked at two jobs, took care of my disabled husband, even found time to garden and keep up with the housework, more or less.
Now I'm single, keep the house more organized, garden better, walk the dog.
How did I ever find the time to work?

Suzanne's youngster and I went to town today. Started at PetCo where she shoved around a little cart. We got Azi food and loose doggie treats, carefully chosen. Then to Home Depot where we loaded bags of peat which I let her use as a seat. ("Don't tell mom I'm having fun"). Finally to McDonald where she had a kid's meal and I had a salad. What happened to inexpensive=McDonald's? Until she came into our lives it had been years since I'd been there, so I lost track how pricey they'd become.

Tomorrow I will try my hand at making a Black Forest Cherry Cake, after all I did carry a bottle of Kirsch back with me from Germany, might as well put it to good use.

I remember now, I retired so could spend time doing these things, not feel stretched for time, and be relaxed all while doing it. Your time will come as well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother...you let her have fun?!? My rule about this is explicit, only grown-ups get to have fun.

You're going to have to do enough relaxing for the both of us because I simply don't have time.

Heide said...

Well, at least I didn't tell you that she'd had fun.