Monday, June 18, 2007

Tree Killer, Me


I hate this tree! It's a Magnolia.
Off the back patio, dropping its debris, to be blown around by the merest of winds. That's on a good day.
On a normal day, its seedpods fall to be found by my bare feet. Ouch! In the autumn, pretty, red, bean sized seeds drop. Year round, there is always some junk to be raked up.
IT NEVER STOPS!
I just hate this tree. Wrong place, wrong tree!
[There is a Magnolia tree on the corner of 7th and G Street in Marysville, Ca (in front of the Julia Morgan house). It is huge and has been groomed to its stately shape for decades. There is also a regular gardener, debris is not an issue. Besides the tree is by the driveway, not ten feet from the back door.]
Now, we've been chopping away on it for a few months, but it became a bit large for the weekend aborists that we are, and we've not been making much headway.
Joy! I have found a tree cutter that will take this tree down for a reasonable price. He will take it away, and he says that he's punctual. Not only that, he will grind out the stump as well! So don't call me on Wednesday morning, I'll be in the back yard smiling!
I'll be able to have some grass by my bedroom doors! No more tripping over nasty stuff, I can't wait.
I'm ready with the grass seed and TLC.

1 comment:

Ray said...

It's a beautiful tree, but, like so many trees in that yard, it's poorly placed.

I agree with my dad on this point: trees are a lot like pets.

What he never understood was that, like pets, you can't take home every tree that you like the look of.