Monday, June 25, 2007

Paintings, again

I have to say that PIP did a great job turning Photographs of paintings into really nice, frame-able photocopies. It wasn't cheap, as they charge $81 an hour for computer time, adjusting the image.
Next time I'm at Suzanne's house I hope she'll let me photograph her painting of the "A Dozen Roses". Suzanne's aunt painted it in honor of her (Suzanne's) grandmother who liked roses. Incorporated in the painting are pieces of textiles that grandma used in her home. All in the rose motive. Bright, vibrant colors, the viewer can imagine standing in a rose garden in full bloom. Quite nice. Yes, I'd like a copy of that!

1 comment:

Ray said...

I'm really excited about having copies of the two paintings you photographed in Germany.

While "A Dozen Roses" might well be my favorite of Lucille's works, I think a big part of that is the provenance, and the included familial artifacts. I think it would only make sense for Suzanne to have a digital copy of the piece, but I don't think that there would be anything significant for me about any reproduction. I would talk to Suzanne about it.