Monday, June 4, 2007

Neuschwanstein Castle


Two weeks ago my friend and I got on a sightseeing bus in Garmisch and traveled to Ludwig 2nd's unfinished castle. My friend has traveled extensively, but had never been to Germany. I suppose she was waiting for my skilled guidance. The castle was one of half dozen must-do items.
The weather was very nice, we had a chance to walk to the Marien Bridge that, shall I say it, bridges a gulch. The bridge man makes sure that not too great a load is put on the structure, he poses for pictures and makes sure the castle is in the background.
This castle lacks that lived in feeling of Linderhof which is glittery, playful and complete in a royal fashion.
However, it is an impressive building and was worth visiting again. We rode down on a buggy and sat up front with the Driver(fiaker). He was chatty and full of information, like, the pooper scooper makes four sweeps daily.
We were early for the bus ride back, and sat down at the same restaurant where Mosker, Feckless and I had eaten seventeen years ago. The food is still delicious.

The late King 's favorite color was blue.




No comments: