Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Trees That Keep on Giving

Here's the update on the back yard tree clean-up.
The messy Magnolia is history. I step outside and still marvel that there is no debris to clean up. There had been for years, more and more as the tree grew. Gone.
So now the tree guy: Big"T", Tom Harris, came back with his stump grinder. He worked for three hours.
Here is the bonus: I now have several large piles of mulch, or soil conditioner, in my yard. Finely ground wood. When I buy it at OSH, or Home Depot, etc. it's pricey, $5-10 for a sack. Add to that the cost of driving to the store, my car is not an economy variety, well, it adds up.
So I'm thinking, that maybe (with the right "girl math" formula) this tree work didn't cost me a dime. Think of all the free stuff I ended up with, and it's good for my planted areas.
I took three sacks of Camphor tree shreds to Suzanne yesterday, it smelled sooo good in my car as we transported it, I think her dog will want to lay in it. Ours are enjoying the "yard beds"!
Now I have to get on the ball and make use of it.

Next, finishing off the terrace. The gravel and sand waits in the driveway.

No comments: