Monday, July 16, 2007

Busy Birthday Weekend

I've been on hiatus for a couple of days.

Wanted to catch up on The Tour. Plenty of falls, serious injuries to cause racers to drop out.

Baked a nice cake for my birthday. White cake with raspberries and chocolaty, fluffy filling. Not too bad. Suzanne came out with the child. She and I spend an hour in the water with her new water toys. She's getting quite the good swimmer, says she's half fish now. Cute. She painted a birdhouse for me. It will join others that are screwed to the fence. I couldn't buy a better one, this is the one I like.

Finished the small paving project. I had to relay seventy pavers that I'd put down twenty years ago. They had become uneven, because I didn't do it well the first time. I didn't want anyone to trip, as it was, there was a good chance for that to happen. (The big paving project awaits, that will be about two hundred pavers.)

Then today, lunch with about thirty of my friends, a monthly event.

And it's gotten cool and breezy this evening, quite a change.

No comments: