Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jumping for ?


About ten years ago I built a six-hundred gallon fish pond. I stacked three layers of railroad ties, lined it with heavy pond liner. The height makes it easy to maintain and the edge is a seat all around.
Over the years I've lost a number of fish and pretty much stock goldfish now. Michelle has bought me three Koi. One is silver with black, one is tri colored and one is a rich gold.
For some reason Gold jumped out. There he was, laying on the ground beside his home. I have no clue how he got that much lift and over the side, the water level is down about eight inches. I suppose he landed on the bench and wiggled, in the wrong direction.
As luck would have it, Michelle was up extra early that day and had wandered out to the pond, saw him and flipped Gold back in.
I hope he learned his lesson and doesn't do that again.


3 comments:

Ray said...

Yeah, yeah. Then, she said "I hope that [the koi] learned his lesson." I'm thinking not. Oh well. Maybe he's just too big and is looking for a bigger, less populous pond. If so, I say good luck to him. There can't be more than a couple of dozen fish in that 6000 gallon pond right now. And I'm fairly sure that there are no bigger, less populous pond within his jumping range, impressive though it may be.

Heide said...

six hundred-600, only!

Ray said...

Oh. My mistake.