Sunday, July 1, 2007

Pierre

I don't care!
So ,we went to IKEA today. I don't care! It's only about thirty miles to our store. I don't care! The youngster decided to ride with Grandma in the van, which was fine with grandma. But there isn't room for lots of people and lots of stuff in boxes, so we drove two cars. I don't care!
On the way back, I heard the standard, how long, how much further, boring, when will we be back home, who will drive me home, will you read me a story, and more. I don't care!
After years with young kids in school I have learned to listen, when to respond or not. I don't care!
Wouldn't you know it, I got a wonderful rendition of "Pierre". After a slow start, she really got into the song and remembered many of the lyrics. Really quite wonderful what she remembered after hearing the song just a few times.
Five more miles and we were home.
Yes, I care!

No comments: