Friday, July 27, 2007

Tree Killer, Again

So here I was, a week or so ago, reading in my backyard. The dogs were lounging nearby. There was only a slight breeze. I heard a noise in the liquid amber tree. Thinking it was my neighbor I called his name. He didn't answer, and I kept on reading. Louder noise still.
I looked over in time to see a large branch hit the ground, sharp end first. That was a surprise. So we looked the tree over yesterday, noticed several dead branches. Those will come down with or without our help.
So today the tree man, Big "T" gave an estimate for its removal. We can't take a chance with a self destructing tree like that. The neighbors have dog and kids and cars, so it has to go.
On the bright side, we no longer need to avoid stepping on the sharp seedpods which is impossible anyway. Also, the tree's root system is very invasive and is sure to cause serious problems soon.
It was another poor choice to plant there.
And yes, we still have more trees on the property, never fear.

No comments: